Healthier Chicken Fingers
Who knew there could be a healthier version of a kids menu classic 🙃 I’ve been seeing a lot of recipes using cupboard crunchy snacks as breading. Next time you’re chicken fingers, opt for this recipe. They’re baked instead of fried and this recipe calls for a much healthier way to make the breading because I used @fromthegroundupsnacks crackers made from butternut squash!
I rarely eat chicken anymore but when I do I like to indulge. I paired mine with cauliflower mashed potatoes and veg for a filling and nutritious meal!
Ingredients: – 1 lb of sliced chicken strips – 2 eggs (whisked)
– 1 1/2 cup of @fromthegroundupsnacks of butternut squash crackers
– 1 tsp of sea salt
– 1 tsp of garlic powder
– 2 tbsp of almond flour
– 1/2 tsp of onion powder
– 1/2 tsp of black pepper
1. Preheat oven time 350 degrees
2. Line baking sheet with foil and spray with olive oil
3. Set up coating station with chicken breasts on a plate, whisked eggs in one a bowl and dry ingredients in another bowl
4. Dip each chicken strip in egg wash, then in breading mixture then line on baking sheet
5. Bake for 12 min, remove from oven and turn over then bake for another 10-12 min
6. Serve with veg or sweet potato fries to make it feel like fair food!