Healthier Chocolate Cake 🎃
Typically chocolate cake is not my flavor preference, however this recipe might have me turned. You wouldn’t think a dairy-free, gluten-free, refined sugar-free recipe could be even better than the real thing, but I promise, it is. 😉 cooking without dairy or white flour can be difficult sometimes, and the consistency is usually a shot in the dark, but the healthier substitutes often create a denser, more rich tasting end result!
I used @miyokoscreamery dairy-free butter and pumpkin purée to create a naturally colored, festive frosting 🎃 Enjoy!
– 3 eggs
– 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
– 1/2 cup of coconut oil
– 1 cup of coconut sugar
– 2 tbsp of pure maple syrup
– 2 tbsp of chocolate @barneybutter
– 2 tsp of vanilla extract
– 1 3/4 cup of almond flour
– 1/3 cup of tapioca flour
– 1/3 cup cup of cacao
– 1 tsp of baking soda
– 1/2 tsp of baking powder
– 1/2 tsp of salt
1. Whisk together eggs
2. Whisk in almond milk, vanilla, almond butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar and maple syrup
3. Whisk in the rest of the dry ingredients
4. Pour into mini cake pan (or regular size cake pan
5. For mini cakes, bake at 350 for 20-25 min, for reg size cake bake at 350 for 35-45 min.